Thursday, March 22, 2012

Differential EnScript

I know I haven't written much in the last few months; I've been busy. Even though I'm writing a blogpost today it's still going to be pretty short... this is because most of what I have to say has already been written up in documentation ahead of time. Today I'm releasing an EnScript that allows you to compare two disk images using various options. The purpose of this EnScript is to find differences on a machine after some event, such as infection, software installation etc. has taken place.

I'm also releasing the source in hopes that others will be able to troubleshoot or expand it themselves as needed. I offer no warranties for this script nor promises that it is beautiful code (in all reality this was written hastily out of necessity), this is "as-is" and has worked well enough for me for my purposes. Unlike most of my stuff, I actually took time to create a GUI for it, however, to make it easier to use. Information on how it works can be found in the documentation (pdf) so I will not cover it here. Hopefully someone out there will find it useful.

Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions here or by email. Here is the Differential.EnScript.

No comments: